- We prioritise provision of health care over financial gain.
- We operate an open door, accepting all patients within our practice area.
- We believe that patients and carers are partners in healthcare, and will work to empower them regardless of their healthcare and lifestyle choices, promoting their wellbeing and preventing ill health. We require patients to interact responsibly with us as outlined in our Patient’s Charter.
- We will explore all options for reconciliation in the event of challenging behaviour and will only remove a patient from our list once all avenues are exhausted.
- We acknowledge our responsibility to address all forms of discrimination, and advocate on behalf of our patients.
- We recognise national clinical standards, and will work to meet them. We will also respond to local need. We aspire to be in the top 5% of any local or national audit.
- We do not accept money, gifts or hospitality from pharmaceutical companies as we practice medicine on the basis of the best available evidence.
- We are committed to a democratic, team-based approach to working, and encourage sharing of knowledge and learning within this multidisciplinary working style.
- We are committed to developing sustainable working practices that minimise environmental impact