Repeat meds short notice
Repeat prescriptions take 2 working days to process.
We allow this time because we process 100s of repeat prescription requests daily; each needs care and attention. It’s in all our interests that the process is both efficient and safe. Thank you for your understanding.
What if I run out of medicine ?
Please plan ahead so you do not run out of medicine and contact us when you have one week’s supply left. We issue 100s of repeat prescriptions every day, and each one needs care and attention.
If there are rare exceptional circumstances or if we have made an error then we may be able to issue your medicine in less time. However generally speaking, we are not able to issue at short notice.
How do I get my repeat medicines?
Ordering online is safest and is easiest for us. We process 100s of repeat prescription requests daily; each needs care and attention. It’s in all our interests that the process is efficient and safe. Many of our patients already order online, if you would like to join them then please call us.
If you cannot order online then ask your pharmacy to order for you, or bring your written order in to the practice. Sorry we do not take telephone requests.
We can issue the following medicines at short notice:
- Anti-depressants: mirtazapine, sertraline, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine
- Antipsychotics / lithium
- Asthma inhalers
- GTN spray
- Hydrocortisone tablets
- Epilepsy medication (Sodium valporate, valproic acid, levetiracetam, topiramate, lamotrigine, phenytoin, carbamazepine)
- Low Molecular Weight Heparins
- Adrenaline Auto-Injector Pens (EpiPen, Emerade)
- Anticipatory End of Life Medicines
- Parkinsons meds (co-beneldopa / levodopa)
If your medicine is not listed here then we will issue following our usual process: 48 working hours. Thank-you for your understanding.